Email marketing is a tool for building relationships with the people on your mailing list. These people could be existing customers or potential customers. Ultimately your email marketing strategy should lead to great profitibility for your business.
What makes email marketing so powerful as a marketing tool?
- it is cost effective - prices range from about 4 cents to 14 cents per email depending on the email file size
- you can personalise it - think Dear Mary in place of Dear Valued Customer
- it is measurable - metrics such delivery rate, open rate, bounced rate, click through rate to name a few are available
- if you are sending to an opted in list then it is highly targeted
- it is great for sending time-sensitive news
- it is customisable - your can segment your mailing list and send certain information to certain people only
A word of caution: Microsoft Outlook and your local desktop email program is not intended for bulk mailing purposes nor can it offer the post campaign reporting that a professional bulk mailing platform can offer. You also run the risk of having your domain blacklisted by your ISP if you are sending bulk email incorrectly.